Bought a gun out of a state? We accept out-of-state FFL transfers. All firearms must be CA compliant. To ensure compliance please give us a call. 530-387-0110
For new handguns California residents are allowed to purchase, please refer to the CA DOJ handgun roster https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search
For FFL info please have your FFL email us at email@example.com
$89 Transfer Fee + $37.19 DROS Fee
It is legal to purchase a firearm in your state of residence from a licensed firearm retailer that you intend to give as a gift to a parent or child in California. However, whether you purchase a new firearm or want to gift a gun you already own, keep in mind that California requires you to transfer a firearm through a California licensed firearm retailer local to the recipient , A background check will be performed to make sure the recipient is not legally prohibited from owning the gun. There are exceptions, so it’s important to check with the FFL local to the recipient.
All sales of ammunition in California must be processed by or through a California licensed firearms dealer or licensed ammunition vendor beginning January 1, 2018.
Sales between two non-licensees must be conducted through a license vendor (similar to California’s firearm private party transfer requirement).
For purposes of these restrictions “ammunition” refers only to the complete cartridge, not components of ammunition and/or blanks. So, reloading components remain unaffected.
While ammunition may still be purchased over the internet, the transfer to the Buyer must be conducted by a licensed vendor. This means out-of-state sellers of ammunition will be prohibited from sending ammunition directly to non-licensed customers in California.
Buyers ARE liable for sales tax therefore the Buyer must pay the sales tax for the ammunition. Buyer must show the original invoice for the order showing sales tax has been collected, or Sierra Shield will charge sales tax based on current retail pricing. Sierra Shield is not liable for sales tax on your order.
Per law a vendor may charge no more than $5 Transfer Fee if the purchaser of the ammunition is present for immediate delivery of ammunition. But, as the purchaser is never present for immediate delivery off the shipper vehicle, Sierra Shield charges a Storage Fee except for face to face private party transfers.
Sierra Shield charges a Transfer Fee and Handling Fees per the following schedule
1. TRANSFER FEE - $5 per shipment
2. STORAGE/HANDLING FEE – 10% of vendor invoice total
3. WAREHOUSING FEE – Purchaser will be notified the day shipment is received. Starting 30 days after customer notification, a Warehousing Fee of $20/day per parcel will accrue ( A shipment of 2 parcels picked up 32 days after notification will accrue a storage fee of $80 (2 days) X (2 parcels) X ($20).
4. FORFEIT - When accruing Warehouse Fees exceed the Fair Market Value of the shipment, the shipment is forfeited and will become the unencumbered property of Sierra Shield.
5. LOSS/WARRANTY - Sierra Shield is not responsible for loss, theft or damage of the transferred ammunition while in our possession. Sierra Shield does not warranty or guarantee the condition or reliability of any ammunition transferred.