California CCW Permit Course for El Dorado County Residents
El Dorado county is not only a great place to live. It’s also one of the best counties in California for obtaining a CCW permit. Our Official Eight Hour CCW Course is for El Dorado County residents only and covers everything that you need to know in order to safely, legally, comfortably and effectively carry a concealed firearm in California. Classroom instruction totals 8 hours. This Official Course is approved by the El Dorado County Sheriffs Office and satisfies all training requirements to obtain your California CCW permit in El Dorado County. After you complete your training, you will receive a Certificate of Completion to submit along with your application for the CCW. Click on one of these links for the El Dorado County Sheriff’s CCW initial application
or CCW renewal application
Each applicant must
- be at least 21 years old
- be a resident of El Dorado County
- apply for the class separately.
- bring a valid California ID showing your residence address n El Dorado County
- The price for the 8 hour NEW applicant course is $125
- The price for the 4 hour RENEWAL applicant course is $75
- No personal firearms or ammo in classroom (except LE/CCW)
- NEW APPLICANT ONLY – Be prepared to pay for range time ($15-$20) if required and purchase ammunition if needed. Cash only, please.
- NEW APPLICANT ONLY – Range time is an integral part of the 8 hour class time. Weather conditions may affect our ability to use the outdoor shooting area on the scheduled class day. Should the long range weather forecast indicate inclement weather, we will attempt to arrange indoor range time. If range time is unavailable, we may explore other options.
- NEW APPLICANT ONLY – Bring at least 50 rounds of ammunition for your firearm. If you do not have a firearm, we will have 22lr/9mm/40sw handguns for you to use but we require you to purchase ammunition from Sierra Shield on the day of class to use in our free loaner handguns.
Registration is EZ
- Select the correct course and date on the Training Courses below, then click the BUY NOW button below, you will be on the Paypal site and can complete your registration. A Paypal account is NOT required. If you do not have a Paypal account or if you do not wish to use Paypal account for payment, you may pay with any debit or credit card. To use a non-Paypal payment option, select the “Pay with debit or credit card” option in the lower right area of Paypal site.
- Be sure to include your contact phone number and enter the exact name and spelling that matches your California Drivers License so that your Certificate of Completion can be prepared properly.